Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

While my buddies and I were installing some go fast goodies this past weekend, I noticed that the bracket for the turbo outlet pipe was cracked in half. As a repair, I just slapped a quick bead on it.

I don't know if this was a fluke or something any of you have seen before. I imagine that without that bracket the turbo housing would see more stress than usual so I thought I'd let you all know just in case...

Mike

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mike,
There were several of these reported early on the 01's & the reported solution was exactly what you did.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Interesting, I noticed the exact thing sunday installing my pyro. And now i know how to fix it

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Seems to be a very common crack, I do exactly as you did and just run a bead. 03's use a different style clamp to combat it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your lucky you did it yourself. Here is what the dealer did for me
!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I found it on my last fuel filter change. I welded it up myself this time. I think that they tried to do it with out taking the inner finder out!

Very hard to weld something while standing on your head and not able to see what your doing! They (the dealer) just taking the short cut.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Had mine done too..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys rock; thanks for the replies. I see now that this is not a new issue and that I'm not the only one experiencing this which actually comforts me in a strange sort of way.

cmadmaxman, I'm obviously no pro but, your dealer should be shot.

Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine was broken about 6 months ago and the dealer fixed. I have not bothered to check it out but now I will to see what it looks like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts