Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Chasing down a leak and it's either coming from the bottom of the turbo, or this fill tube, which I now come to find is broken, just above the bracket that holds it.

Is this a common thing, and is it an easy one to change? Any part number would be welcomed.

Thanks much to all.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Happened to me twice!! Once was under warranty and then about 5 years later. Someone told me the dealer wanted over $100 for one so we migged it and it's been fine since then.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it easy to replace? Looks like one bolt does it all.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Ya the one bolt and then it slips into the transmission. It's a bit of a PITA to thread it thru the engine compartment but it helps if one guy goes in from the top while someone under the truck slips it into the tranny.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anybody happen to have a part number? I'm sure the dealer is going to molest me on this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Transmission fill tube

I believe the fill tube has 1 or 2 rubber orings on bottom to seal it where it slides in to transmission. plowking

·
Registered
595 Posts
Mine was broken when I bought the truck. I got it from the dealer at jobber price around $30. regular price should only be about 20% more. It looked to me like it had broken from vibration so on the new one I wrapped about 1/4inch thick electrical tape around the mount tab where the other one had broken. I'll look to see if I have the Part # around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts