Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 CCLB. I found what looked like one of those springs that used to be in the center of a clothspin laying on the back bumper. After about 20 minutes of looking, it looks like it came from the tailgate catch/latch on the passenger side of the tailgate. The tailgate still seems to work. Would this be difficult to fix? Can I by just the small parts or is this one of those "whole unit" things?

Thanks

Bert

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The only come as whole latch or handle assemblies. You could probably take out the latch and see where the spring goes and just put it back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GMCSID,

I can see where it came from, in the latch on the passenger side end of the tailgate. I can't put it back in because it appears to be broken. It looks like the spring was tack welded on one end and the spring broke right next to the weld.

Bert

·
Registered
473 Posts
I just happen to have the parts you need laying on my workbench. I friend had a little problem with his tailgate and a gooseneck trailer. He found a used tailgate. I took all the parts out of his old one before throwing it away. Let me know for sure what part you need. If you have access to a digital Camera, take a picture of the broken part. Send me a PM, we can work something out. You might check with some local body shops & salvage yards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigMOE,

PM'd you.

Bert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts