Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the road from FL to IL and in nashville TN my 04 LB7 started knocking and smokeing really bad, the tech at Pilot truck stop said I lost a injector. No one open, might not get a part till next week, any help would be great.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
No way you coulda put gas instead of #2?
Maybe some bad fuel?
Fuel filter been changed recently?
Check the harness.

·
Super Moderator
6,014 Posts
Replace your fuel filter, fill it half way full with diesel fuel treatment to give a high dosage to help unstick possible stuck injector. Check the old fuel filter for water. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was on the side of the road so at first I drained the filter thinking it had alot of water and then primed it up but that did not help, the tech that told me that the injector is bad couldnt work on it so he wasnt trying to sell me on anything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same symptoms as mine.....BAD INJECTOR. They are under a GM 200k 7 yr. warrantee if you can get it to a dealer that knows what they're doing. The dealer I took mine to, did not know what they were doing.

If for some reason you are stuck with the bill.......the dealer I took mine to originally quoted me $1200 to change one injector.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Most likely the injector if above is fine.......can you get it to a dealer or shop?

·
Glamis Kodiak
7,490 Posts
sorry to hear about troubles.

wish I was closer to you,would fetch you with trailer and try a few things to unstick injector.Most likely need to go to dealer for inject replacement.

If I was out on road as you are I would pull filter dump extra fuel out and add inject cleaner or some trans or marvel fluid and run to try to get to unstick.Not sure how right this would be but I would do it to mine out on the road as you are,will smoke like crazy for a bit , but might work.

right or wrong you need something like this to unstick.

Good Luck and sorry to hear

Gasuout

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You did not say if you have a chevy or GMC.

If you are still stuck in Nashville, and have a GMC, Call Franklin Pontiac Buick GMC at (800) 678-0428. They fixed mine and did a great job.

If you are a Chevy, I would try Jim Reed in Downtown. 888-873-9548

Tough time to be broke down! Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts