Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well only 6 more days and a wake up and then the perverbial Samsonite Shuffle: We're headed for Bristol. Boooyahhhhhh!!!!!! This will be the first tow job for our new pull dog, aka: "The Silver Fox". She has 1700 miles on her. All of the fluids and filters have been changed and she's a chompin at the bit to pull. I'll keep good records and post a detailed tow report when we return in April. Details to follow!!!

Truck on!!!:cool:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I play in a nascar league with people across the country and I need to submit a pick. Who should I take for Bristol. Have fun for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I play in a nascar league with people across the country and I need to submit a pick. Who should I take for Bristol. Have fun for me.
With Kurt Busch in Rusty's old car he will be hard to ignore. If you are voting with your money instead of your heart then that's the place to put it.
Don:eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"BRISTOL BOUND" Tow Report To Follow

"The Silver Fox" seems to have the bugs worked out of her for now. She's hitched up, fuel'ed up, had all of her fluids and filters changed, and she's ready for her first pull duty. We're leaving for Bristol tomorrow morning (Wed) at first light and I'm anxious to see how well she pulls compared to our old pull dog, aka; "The White Shadow", our 1996 Ford 7.3 PS. She has 1700 miles on her now since taking delivery Jan 27th, nearly all of them city miles with a few highway miles thrown in there. DIC indicates a solid 15.5 MPG in town driving. I'm most happy with that. "The Silver Fox" had a couple of initial issues but the dealer jumped on them "Rikki Tic" and so far so good now. I don't like the tires. She seem's to want to wander just a little at highway speeds. I think a wider front tire may correct that; what do ya'll think?

I'll post a detailed tow report next week when we return. Our son who lives with us is buying a new Ford truck today. We have a couple of die-hard Ford guy's on our cul-de-sac. That outta keep the neighbors wondering if we've already traded trucks eh? Details to follow.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are heading down too. Where ya staying at? We stay at Earhardt just across the street from the main entrance.

We camp on BMS in the Premium Section (Formerly Upper section I) overlooking the drag strip sites 20 & 25. Stop by and say howdy!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've always wanted to go to a race in Bristol.

·
Registered
997 Posts
We have a little beer pool at the local watering hole. You pick the winner and the rest buy you a beer. We split the season in half cauz one of the rules is you can't use the same driver more than once. The elder Bush is my pick for this week - unless a couple of others pick him then my secret weapon will be used. (Martin Truax Jr.) I know he is a rookie but he has 4 of 5 top 10s in the Busch circuit with a win.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I live just about 20 miles west of Bristol. WELCOME! to all coming to the area. Hope you enjoy the race and have a safe trip.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
With Kurt Busch in Rusty's old car he will be hard to ignore. If you are voting with your money instead of your heart then that's the place to put it.
Don
Isn't this a great forum to get great advice!! ):h
Don

·
Registered
407 Posts
Even one and their dog took Busch so I wanted to go with a different pick and save Busch for later. The fortunate thing is that I went with Harvick!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts