Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Out of these tires: Michelin M/S, Tera Grapplers, BFG A/T-KO, and Bridgestone Revos, Which of these tires, is the quietest, longest waring, and offers the best traction in all conditions?
[dry, wet, off-road and heavy snow and ice] Is there one that does all of this, better than the others? Thanks.

James

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I would say the michelin's would last the longest and teh Revos would be second. The revo would be the best all around tire IMO. It is quiet, great traction all around but it won't last as long as the Michelin. JMO.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Look at the post that is titled, "Michelin Tires" I think that will sum it up for you. If cost/mile is what you are looking for, than Micelin is it. If slinging mud and stuff like that is your thing, then I would choose a different one. The one thing to remember is that in tires, there are trade offs. If it is quite ride down the road, then they probably won't be the best mud tire. It is very difficult to have it all. So, one has to decide what is most important to them and go from there. Personally, I like to have a nice ride that is smooth and quiet. I don't really get out in the mud, because I am tired of cleaning up afterwards, so I go with the Michelins. They are longest wearing, and are very quiet down the road. They do very well in wet weather and in snow. In the mud I do get into, they do just fine.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Have had all but the Revo's and the Michelins made it the longest. 69,000 miles with lots of heavy towing. Did great in ice, snow, rain, rode smooth but sucked in the mud. BFG's not so good on ice, good everywhere else. Terra grapplers seem to be better than the BFG At's IMO , good all around. But do not last near as long or as quite. Michelins just didn't get the job done off road is the only reason I tried the others.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've got BFGs KO's on one truck, Revos on another, and Michelin XCX's (which are kinda like the AT's just more street-oriented) on another truck. The michelins lasted the longest and were the quietest (still going with 90k). They aren't that great in mud, though. But I had a friend with the AT's and they were louder than I would have thought. The Revos are pretty new, but are really quiet, and do pretty decent in the mud. The KO's are by far the loudest (but still not that loud), and I haven't had them in any real mud but I am sure they would do the best.

If looks and mud were not really a concern, I'd go with Revos or Michelins, probably the Revos. But the KO's look so much better that I went with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts