Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

There are a few downloaders that really interest me. One of them is the latest revision of the Predator because of the diagnostics software it provides and the 5 tunes it provides. There are a few others as well.

Which downloaders raise the 3200 RPM limit? The advertising from the Preadator is about 50/50. 50% says you can 50% says you can not.

Power pup is also saying the rev limiter goes by/by. Is this true?

Quad and also TSPERFORMANCE also says by by to the rev limiter. True?

I am not talking about the 96 MPH top speed limiter. My truck hits the speed limiter at 2600 RPMs.

I am talking about the 3200 RPM limit apllied in all gears.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I can put it where ever you want it. You just need to step up and buy one. Our standard product places the Rev limit at 3400 for the Tow program 3600 for the Race and 3800 for Xtreme.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DTech,

From reading several of your post, magazine articles and other writeups, I believe you know your stuff.

Please give me some hint as to why your program would be better then others that appear to offer more for less money? 3-4 HP levels, diagnostic funtions ect. ect. all in the 500.00 or less range.

Or is it just a leap of faith?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I guess the first thing to consider is that our product is proven to work! The rest is that we spend lots of time to make things work properly, our unit allows you to switch between three power setting without event moving from the drivers seat. Just flip the toggle switch to the new power setting. If what you want is cheap go to the competition, but it takes time and effort to get things right. This is where the cost comes from. We need to recover the cost of not only produceing the product but also the development time. If we cannot do that we willnot be around long to continue development of future products. Since we've been around for the past 23 years doing this for ourselves as well as many OEM accounts we know what it takes. It would be much cheaper for us to sit back and wait for the competition to figure it out and then just look at what they do, some call that R&D but we would call it Ripoff & Duplicate. True R&D takes time and is expensive. We have the knowledge and expertise to start from scratch and work our way through the development.

Have you ever heard the old saying "you get what you pay for" we believe it's true. While we're not the fatest company in the world we do spend the time and effort to make it right. That's why we developted the TransGo shift kit with TransGo, we knew we could make lots of power but what good was it if the transmissions just fell apart. We worked for the better part of 6 months with them testing and developing the kit. Once done we have allowed our big Hp programs to be sold. Hope this answers your questions.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Bronco said:
Hello,

There are a few downloaders that really interest me. One of them is the latest revision of the Predator because of the diagnostics software it provides and the 5 tunes it provides. There are a few others as well.

Which downloaders raise the 3200 RPM limit? The advertising from the Preadator is about 50/50. 50% says you can 50% says you can not.

I am not talking about the 96 MPH top speed limiter. My truck hits the speed limiter at 2600 RPMs.

I rolled mine to 4300 rpm's usimg a Quad tuner on the dyno..........

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
Bronco said:
Hello,

I rolled mine to 4300 rpm's usimg a Quad tuner on the dyno..........

FYI, 128mph on dyno. Could be 125 limit with 3 mph overrun...

·
Registered
115 Posts
FWIW, Steve @ TTS definately knows his stuff, and he isnt bull$hitting when he says you get what you pay for. The Edge box, and several others do pretty well for cheap seat of the pants horsepower, but when it comes down to driveability, power, shifting, towing, etc the extra money spent makes all the difference.

Just be careful for those guys over at Pacific Performance. The only thing you get for your money over there is alot of marketing BS, and false advertising. You'd think you would get a Costco sized can of vasoline when you buy something from them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts