Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am speculating that I just maybe might best the 550 mark on fuel this weekend. Do you guys think that is realistic, because may next goal is to break into the 600s.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about with a lift kit rob? and big tires? because last trap speed with those and crappy weather and track cond. got me 97.55 MPH

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Um, that was current, I had a 6" lift 35" tires, 30 MPH headwind, poor track conditions, and all that, and I forgot to turn the duramaximizer on, which is around 50 hp.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Dieselson;1546342; said:
Um, that was current, I had a 6" lift 35" tires, 30 MPH headwind, poor track conditions, and all that, and I forgot to turn the duramaximizer on, which is around 50 hp.
That will surely hurt your results, not sure, with all that going against ya.

I wouldn't worry if you don't reach 600HP. I never hit 600HP on a dyno, but turned 11's at over 113mph. Did my truck have more than 600hp? Didn't really care.

These big dyno #'s coming out, are truely amazing and take a ton of time and effort. Knowing how to dyno and testing on a dyno many, many times with slight tune changes can reap big gains.

Remember though in the end, it's just a tuning tool, and there are many varibles in posted numbers.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets just say, a few last minute mods may have got me into the 600 club. ;)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, 489.3 with 1210 lb ft of torque, that doesn't sound like much at all, but, the dyno had small rollers, and I was getting a lot of wheelspin, in fact, nick D' Amico lost over 100hp.

How does 103.89 MPH, with the lift kit, and 35" tires, at a boosted launch of 5 psi, sound for HP?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Good job. Dyno numbers mean little to nothing (unless used as a tuning aid in which the #'s themselves mean nothing, but the progression or degression matter). I wouldn't worry about horsepower, it's relative. :cool:

In hind site, it sounds like about a 13.27second 1/4--not sure if this is an ego-stroking thread or what, but hopefully it does what you want it too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
OneTALLGMC96;1585372; said:
In hind site, it sounds like about a 13.27second 1/4--not sure if this is an ego-stroking thread or what, but hopefully it does what you want it too:rolleyes:
You are good at the MPH to ET predicting, that is exactly what I ran, 13.271. If you don't believe it, here's proof http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33561&d=1171173663 You know what, that was actually faster than I expected, because I expect slow, just to be surprised.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Dieselson;1585270; said:
How does 103.89 MPH, with the lift kit, and 35" tires, at a boosted launch of 5 psi, sound for HP?

you must be a pretty good driver to keep it under control at those speeds. :cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Breaking 100 in the quarter with a giant truck is pretty awesome.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Plain and simple, throw it back on the dyno and see what it does. Then you can change your signature. :cool:

And a big truck breaking 100 in the quarter is ummm.....:think: interesting..

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
my truck has a 95mph speed limiter :(

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
dieselson;1546099; said:
i am speculating that i just maybe might best the 550 mark on fuel this weekend. Do you guys think that is realistic, because may next goal is to break into the 600s.
judging by your list of mods...i would guess you have at least if not more than 10k bucks in mods to your truck....that being said...with that kind of coin invested....shouldn't YOU be the best one to answer your own question? or do you not know enough about YOUR truck to know what kinds of HP the mods YOU installed will yield?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't think the SOTP meter reads in standard units.

Not all trucks are created equal either. Two different trucks with the same mods could push different power levels.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.