Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Truck! - Should pick up the '04 D/A crew cab on Monday but what a nightmare today.

12 breakdowns in Florida in just one day last week. Multiple breakdowns over the past two months. Pull a trailer and the truck just shuts down. Multiple dealers and techs have tried many tests. The engine always passes.

Tried to haul a trailer to Wisconsin today. Had planned on trading the truck at DMAXALLITECH's dealership Monday. Never made it. Darn thing shut down twice on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. From the start I just could not get it to shift into 5th gear and the rpm's seemed higher than they should at times. Variations of this have been going on for months and, after spending over $6,000 replacing injectors, pressure regulators and fixing fuel leaks, I about had it with the engine.

It may be I was wrong about the engine. Limped this thing with trailer attached into Cochran GMC near Pittsburgh. Lots of testing later and it just might be that the problem is in the transmission and NOT the engine. Without going into details I found the obvious solution.

First - Call the shop and get a substitute driver to complete the trailer delivery.

Second - Walk inside the dealership and buy another truck right then and there. Complex problem ......simple solution. Now maybe I can sleep at night.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Man I hope that you got a good one this time. As far as I know you are the current record holder for breakdowns. If my truck takes a dump I might have to cancel a fishing trip or maybe a whole vacation, but my living doesn't depend on it like yours does.

Good luck--SS

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hopefully this new truck will be trouble free and last 300K to make up for the last one. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts