Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all drove my truck home from dealer last night and noticed a squeak.. sounded a bit like a belt squeak but thats out...definatly metal againt metal. it squeaks when i'm on the throttle from 1600 rpms on up, stops when coasting. starts at 2000 rpm out of gear. Best I can figure, it's somewhere in the area of fuel filter.(don't know the engine yet ) Not real loud but I want to hear that beast purrr....

OMG what a ride .... after driving a f-250 for the last 11 years, the wife can actually ride with me. 18 year old is bummed because he cant hear me comming six blocks away. (I had the school bus version) This truck is same wheel base as last truck ,but seems like I need less room to change lanes

Another thing that I never noticed.... the ribs or folds on the roof (exterior) panels. have they been there, and I never noticed or are they new?

thanks diesel place

ed

Edited by: mako

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Do you have 4 wheel drive? If so, is it in 4 wheel drive?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know if theres a lift pump in factoy fuel filter or not but it seems to come from top of filter Is the fuel pump near there?

havent had a chance to look in the daylight and i dont know the pieces parts yet

Edited by: mako

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does it sound like turbo whistle maybe?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
same pitch as fan belt squeak has a rythem when doing it. ... if I'm coasting down a hill no noise and going down same hill applying easy power it will start up again. Edited by: mako

·
Registered
514 Posts
Then you're saying you hear this squeak in addition to turbo whistle?

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Is that the LLY or the LBY engine?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
My idle/tension arm starting squeaking this am.....

add it to the GROWING list of problems

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the lly its not the tubo(it sounds cool) it starts when the engine temp hits 170. between 1600 and 2200 rpms . sound like a fan clutch going. its louder than the radio at 3/4 volum... dont want to take it to dealer, hopeing for an easy fix but i think its going back.... Basically i just want to know what could be makeing the noise guessing is welcome anything.????

edEdited by: mako

·
Registered
398 Posts
You don't have an injured Ford caught under your right front wheel well do you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have an injured ford in the drive way i want to burn it. but probably would get in trouble. I guess its more of a chirp that i hear. not sure if its the tick i hear about. but truck runs fine. in fact i love driving her. love looking at her, and i got to get used to people gwaking at her. she is the most beautiful thing i have ever owned.

edEdited by: mako

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Another satisified DuraMax owner!

You might have got a bad clutch or idler pully. Go to the dealer and take the SM for a ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine has what seems to be the same squeak from the time it rolled out of the lot. Now at 1400 miles it is back in the shop having the flywheel replaced.

What started out as a slight squeak at a specific RPM has turned into a constant squeal at any speed, RPM, clutch position, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts