Diesel Place banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
that is true:banghead:........... but I trust in the quality control, if there is

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
opted for Russell street legal braided brake line 672400 for C/K 1500 4wd tahoe/yucon
for best shipping rate and duties from amazon

............now as always must wait

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
May be a bit late, but here is that ABS Bleed Procedure you asked for. see attached

Worth noting is the procedures leading sentence.
! IMPORTANT !
This procedure is valid for '95 C/K Models only.

LMK if you cant read it, try another route. Good Luck..

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
THANKS A LOT !!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

i can not read well but is similar to other procedure find in the web
but now the procedure is confirmed:thumb:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
nobody knows the torque value for fix bolt brake line to caliper?!?!?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
##########################################################################################################

found a very complete document for 1995 Chevy Tahoe C/K ABS and I want to share it with somebody need it, there is all you need, bleeding procedure, torque value, troubleshotting, diagnosis, and much more.....

##########################################################################################################

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
for TRUCK with Tech 1 with Mass Storege you are not able to perform any single procedure if you don't have the proper adapter

VETRONIX GM RWAL/4WAL ADAPTER P/N TA02659A, 02001579 OR 02001809

when i connected the tool and was not be able to performe any data only see "WAITING FOR DATA" and nothing all

the adapter is this one (ordered and waiting)

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
I only see some weird ball valves, no brake type turn and bleed on my abs module..I was going to worry, but what me? Just bled with racing super blu dot 4, cept the abs module which will probably cycle the old fluid with the reservoir when the abs activates in the future.. No?!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Since the system takes dot 3 I would say you will have contamination problems.
Just about every dot 4 bottle I have seen says it is backward compatible with dot 3. May not be best for high performance racing applications but should be ok for regular street use.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Seems like there has been a lot of resurrected threads lately...

I only see some weird ball valves, no brake type turn and bleed on my abs module..I was going to worry, but what me? Just bled with racing super blu dot 4, cept the abs module which will probably cycle the old fluid with the reservoir when the abs activates in the future.. No?!
There is no "cycling" of fluid in the brake lines. There is no return line. You will get a little mix, but for the most part the old fluid will stay in the abs module unless cycled and bled.

The difference between DOT3 and 4 fluid is the boiling point. They are interchangeable, as long as your vehicle is rated for the lowest mixed fluid. E.g. if rated for DOT3 and mix DOT4, you're ok. If rated for DOT4 and use DOT3 you have the possibility of boiling the fluid.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,371 Posts
When I need my brake lines made, I went to a local hydraulic/racing shop.

They used the existing fitting and replaced the generic fittings and rubber portion with proper high pressure crimp. Then they test it to make sure nothing leaks. I have them made one lines 5 years ago exactly like the one it replaced using rubber and it is still good.

I also told them the type of hose, brake, transmission, ac, etc. They will choose the appropriate hose for the fluid use.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
I use Super Blue and Super Gold brake fluid and alternate. Pour in gold and bleed until you see nice gold fluid coming out of the bleeder. I change fluid every two years (BMW & VW recommend interval) and then switch colors and bleed until new color comes out clean. I wish someone made a master cylinder reservoir retrofit with the screw cap top and then my pressure bleeder system would work in the burb.

Speed Bleeder are your friend:coolnana:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use Super Blue and Super Gold brake fluid and alternate. Pour in gold and bleed until you see nice gold fluid coming out of the bleeder. I change fluid every two years (BMW & VW recommend interval) and then switch colors and bleed until new color comes out clean. I wish someone made a master cylinder reservoir retrofit with the screw cap top and then my pressure bleeder system would work in the burb.

Speed Bleeder are your friend:coolnana:
X2 for screw ! tried the motive power bleed rectangular plate with shop light hanger adjustment... Just a frickin mess everywhere..

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.