Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former fleet mechanic, so on my personal truck I went with Carbon Metallic by Performance Friction. They last forever. I'm just not happy with the stopping power. Maybe my legs are starting to give up from pounding the concrete my whole life. Looking to change pad brands. GM offers OE, Silver and Gold, Ceramic and semi-metallic. Truck was original Ceramic. Which one? And maybe why.

Anybody have any feedback on better stopping power? All lines and hoses were replaced last year (rotted). Hydro-boost/Power steering fluid has been flushed several times over the life of the truck. Truck has 185K

Thanks

In case my signature is missing 2006 250HD Duramax up here in the salty NE

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
I use GM Professional Grade ceramics. They used to be branded "GM Durastop". About $70 an axles worth.
Poor pedal feel and/or poor performance is almost always pad fit or slide hardware.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use GM Professional Grade ceramics. They used to be branded "GM Durastop". About $70 an axles worth.
Poor pedal feel and/or poor performance is almost always pad fit or slide hardware.
Thanks. I'll give them a try. I'll give it a thorough read. Never to old to learn new things.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 3 of 3 Posts