Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have had this problem before, and i changed the fuse and it is fine, for a little while. at first i thought it might be something with the trailer wires, cause i thought that when i was pulling a trailer that was it, but now i dont know what to think. for some reason, the fuse keeps blowing for my taillight brake lights. the 3rd brake light still works, blinkers, backup, and running lights still work fine, but for some reason i keep having to change the fuse for the 'vehicle stop', i think is what it is. does anybody have any idea? anybody had this problem? i started to look under the truck, but everything is packed up good with the wire loom, and i am afraid to start cutting it off to search for a messed up wire. the trailer wiring is factory, and it bundled up all nice and pretty, but i dont know where to start. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Do you use your parking brake? I had a similar problem and it turned out that the parking brake lever was cutting into a wire bundle that is positioned right behind it, under the carpet. The wire mine cut into kept blowing the SIR (air bag) fuse but it could have cut into any of them in the bundle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts