Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I fianlly did it.

I have 115,000 miles on my 03', and I finally need brakes.

Is this good for some Original parts?

When do most guys see brake failure?

I have pulled 13,000lbs at least three times a week for the past two years, And have plowed snow commercially for three.

I don't know about you, but I am impressed.

Good job G.M. (At least in the stopping Dept.):D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got 58k on rears Metal to metal. pads stuck causing premature wear on inside drivers side .

Fronts have about 10k left but rotors are warped and rusted

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Thats pretty good, Id buy the best pads i could find, and check rotors. Most guys I know plowing, back up at 20mph lock the breakes etc alld ay long, ou did pretty well to get that much life out of brake pads.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Got customer trucks with over 400k on original brakes all the way around..

I had to put brakes on the rear of mine at about 90k though. GM has got the brakes working well for sure either way you look at it

·
Premium Member
18,347 Posts
Spitz;1611548; said:
Guess mileage really doesnt matter if you think about it..
No, not really. Production tolerances are close on the brake pad mounts and how clean you keep the underside (brake areas) of your truck to thwart corrosion and you're driving style are the two biggect factors. Mud or dirt coating the underside really advances corrosion of the brake hardware along with the liquid de-icer they use here in Pa:banghead: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.