Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fluid leak under resivore, or on master cylinder, if I rub my hand under there I have fluid on my fingers. Got 2300 miles am going to call dealer but has this happened to anyone else here??

any ideas??

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Clean it off, make sure the level is full and see if it returns, if it does then you have a problem. May be just some spilled fluid from PDI or could indeed be a leak

Eric

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS -WILL KEEP AN EYE ON IT..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check your power steering fluid. The brake boost is powered by the power steering pump. I noticed a low power steering fluid level on mine soon after delivery, but could not figure where it went. The dealer just added more fluid. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a fine coat of oil and dust near the master cylinder.
The power steering fluid was leaking slowly from somewhere underneath the master cylinder, but it is hard to locate the exact source of the leak. It does not appear to be the fittings. My truck has 7000 miles, and was probably leaking when new (July 28). I called the local dealer, they said to bring it in at a convenient time. Based on past experience, I am scared to let them touch my truck!

Does anyone else have any experience with this problem?

Thanks,

DDog

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Eric,

I live in Lake Orion. Are you thinking of doing the service while I wait?

Thanks for all your help on both forums.

DDog

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
the only thing that will hold us up is the potential of a parts delay, where exactly is Lake O? isnt that S/E corner?

ERic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lake Orion is North of Pontiac and South of Lapeer.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WELL OFF TO DEALER FOR LEAK REPAIRS...WIPED OFF BELOW MASTER CYLINDER AND AFTER 18 MILES MORE BRAKE FLUID

THAY WANT IT RITE IN.........I WONDER WHY??

NOT COUNTING FREE WIPER REPLACEMENT THIS IS VIOLATION #1

2315 MILES

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced brake power booster, said there was some problems with early 03's

so thay just changed it out. brake much stiffer.

dmaxalli....$30.00 on the way

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
hmm, thats interesting, I havent seen a repetitive problem with them.. I will keep an eye out, thanks for the update!

ERic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts