Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I just bought an LMM, 2008 and the early ones didn't come with the factory controller so I need to add one. I see a lot of older threads and the conclusion seems to be Prodigy, but nothing recent and I see some new controllers on the market.

Any recommendations? Also it must be compatible with electric over hydraulic.

·
Premium Member
17,906 Posts
Early ones did have the ITBC available. Every one of my '07.5 trucks had it.
With that said, on my 2015 trucks that the stupid dealer failed to order the ITBC option on, I installed the Hopkins Insight unit. EOH compatible, yes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been rocking a Prodigy P2 for like 7 years now, still works great. The only thing I could possibly see being improved might be the controls/interface, but the P2 is pretty easy to use, so I dunno.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, guess I got one of those early ones the dealer didn't order the ITBC option. Doesn't have a G80 either, go figure. Any who the Hopkins Insight and prodigy both look nice but just still wondering if there is anything new to the market. Also any that are based on actual brake input like the ITBC option?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a tekonsha P3, and it is a nice controller. I really like it, it works very smoothly and has lots of adjustability over a factory controller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts