Diesel Place banner

brake controller options

2K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  LS6Caddy 
#1 ·
well hope I put this in the right topic, lol!

Whats everyone using as far as brake controllers? I've been looking at them and thinking the Tekonsha prodigy for $106 or maybe the new p3 for $126. I've allways used just the plain old voyager about $45 and had decent luck. But theres pros and cons to all of them. I'm looking for my 07 2500hd any info would be great!

#2 ·
slowride7;1578099; said:
well hope I put this in the right topic, lol!

Whats everyone using as far as brake controllers? I've been looking at them and thinking the Tekonsha prodigy for $106 or maybe the new p3 for $126. I've allways used just the plain old voyager about $45 and had decent luck. But theres pros and cons to all of them. I'm looking for my 07 2500hd any info would be great!
you can get a prodigy which I run for under $100 at rvwholesaler.com

#3 ·
I also run the Prodigy, it is easy to use and requires no leveling. Order it with the GM harness adaptor and installation takes less than 5 minutes.

#5 ·
Walldo;1578165; said:
I have a Prodigy, works gooood.... stops the trailer every time I step on the brakes...:lol:
Also have a Prodigy....

#7 ·
Use a Prodigy, works good

#8 ·
So let me get this straight your saying to go with prodigy?

#10 ·
I'm a big Tekonsha fan and I'm sure the Prodigy is great. I'm using the Valley Odyssey, it does everything the Prodigy does and has a little more leeway in installation. Check it out and good luck whichever way you go.

Guy

#11 ·
truckie481;1680618; said:
So let me get this straight your saying to go with prodigy?
No, you should try the Prodigy instead. :D

I've used the prodigy in the past 4 trucks, and it by far is the best. It will adjust braking force depending on how hard you're on the brakes on the truck. The incoming 12v braking signal is still the same, but it has an intergrated accellerometer to detect braking force to adjust the outgoing electrical signal to the trailer.

Go on sleeze-bay, you can get them for under $100 shipped to your door.

#12 ·
prodigy here love it my buddy just got one too putting it in this weekend so he can tow his new camper to bay city

#13 ·
prodigy great controller in my opinion>

#14 ·
I'm using the Activator II; it came with the truck. Would defintely go with the Prodigy if I were going to change.

#16 ·
For acceleration detection type of controller the prodigy IMO is best out there. I'm surprised no one was around to mention the jordan ultra 2020. It may seem like there is a little more to install but I've used both prodigy and jordan and jordan wins. You set it up so truck and trailer brake evenly no matter what speed or braking. couldn't pay me enough to go back to acceleration sensing controllers after using the jordan.

#20 ·
#21 ·
LS6Caddy;1767616; said:
Just installed my P3...works like a charm! Stops the trailer everytime too:D I purchased from them also...I think the P3 was $128..and it even came with a $20 rebate. So for a few dollars more....I'd recommend the updated P3.
Same Rebate for the Prodigy.

#22 ·
what's different on the P3. Been using my prodigy for three years now and love it. I like the ideaof the jordan, but not the mechanical connection that it needs.

#23 ·
mgraveman;1768253; said:
what's different on the P3. Been using my prodigy for three years now and love it. I like the ideaof the jordan, but not the mechanical connection that it needs.
It has the option to switch between electric or hydraulic, LCD display (can change display color / contrast), diagnostics....gives voltage readout, brake output, loss of grond, etc. Just some added bells and whistles....worth it for only about 20-30 bucks more:) The model # is 90195.

If your Prodigy isn't broke...I wouldn't worry about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.