Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellows just got my truck back from getting new head put on it and now it is time to play. This thing is going to get holey hell. I have not had it for 8 weeks and it needs to be reamed out. But soon will be installing new ats tranny in it to see if this on holds, it should but the last one didn't. It was Level 3 too. Well i'll keep in touch with you guys. Take Care!

Justin BurnsEdited by: blackjet

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Hey Justin

I gotta ask ....

Was the head gasket warrantee ?? Them short stacks don't look half bad ....Is the drivers side straight ?? Or is it just a optical illusion that it's leaning ?? Loud as hell in the cab I have to imagine ..... Isn't it winter in Seaman, Ohio them trees are still full of leaves ???? Maybe it's a old PIC ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hey Justin nice rig. Wondering if the stacks or operational or just for looks ??? I see you still have the 5incher out the rear..........or are you putting out that much soot, ya need all 3

How does the truck handle with the 6inch lift when pulling???? Does the rear squat pretty good when the weight comes on???? Later Jeremy

·
Registered
238 Posts
I never have and never will like stacks on pickups. Otherwise, very nice truck. Different stroke and all.......

Jess

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are my buddies stacks for his dodge. I jus put set them in their and took a picture. But I do have a 5inch one in the right side of the bed, I am taking it off for winter and put 5 running out of the back of it.as for lift handling while pulling it squated a good bit at first, but I added a another leaf to it and that helped. Plus for some pulls I made blocks(stops) for the rear end. And plus hanging weights on the front helps also. It is snowing now,I will posts some good pics of everything once it clears up, the weather. Any more questions feel free. Take care! Yes it was under warentee!

Justin BurnsEdited by: blackjet

·
Registered
21 Posts
why did you need a new head? my 01 just got back form the shop after a week and a half because it was blowing antifreeze out the exhaust, they replaced head gasket and check head and said everything was ok until 1 day after I picked it up it started blowing smoke again. I just noticed that you had an 01 and just wondering if this was the reason.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Not to answer for Justin but, he has used his truck hard truck pulling, I think he has been pulling it for two full seasons with probably at least 450hp and now over 500hp. This might have something to do with it, but it might not also, could have been a bad head gasket and ate away at the head. Another thing it could have warped the head due to high EGT's, truck pulling will make the truck pretty hot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took my truck to dealer in March, it blew the rubber hose going into the heater core off. And the radiator hose was blowing up like a balloon, so that said it had presssure somewhere. But all they did was replace the thermostats. After that the hose was still tight. So I pulled it like this all year, and ran it hard. I think the head gasket was bad the whole time and me running it like that still just kind of pitted the head in the pass. side and that is what I think ruined the head.

My truck dynoed 500+hp and 1000+ out at Sceid this year!

Justin burns

Edited by: blackjet

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Warranty huh ....

Well you have your self one "look the other way" GM Good Wrench repair facilty , consider your self lucky ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Justin must be buddy-buddy with the dealer to get that under warranty!! How many miles do you have on your truck now Justin?Edited by: White Duramax

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have 66'000 miles on it, the dealer is soon to be relation. We have pulls around here that the dealer sponsor's, and so I pull fot them. I wear magnets on the side, the dealer's name is on there. I have made them alot of sales is what they tell me. They tell the salesperson's that if it holds up through what I put it through it will last anyone else that does not touch it, it will last them forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts