Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of the chevy trucks running around with a decal that covers the bowtie on the grill with a flag?looks good and i wanted to know where i could get one?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I see alot of the chevy trucks running around with a decal that covers the bowtie on the grill with a flag?looks good and i wanted to know where i could get one?
Ebay...........Search for bowtie emblem

·
Registered
7,929 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Walter Rapp is the one that has been painting them for a lot of people here. And he hand paints them no decals

His screen name is mp350 you can send him a PM

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Walter's in the process of moving so it may take a few days for him to get back to you so be patient, he does really nice work and it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank's guys.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I'd like Walter to do the grill Bowtie for me also.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you very much guys! I appreciate the kind words.
Diesel dragon is correct. I'm in the process of moving. I have no way of getting them done in a timely manner right now. All of my equipment is back east. If you guys can be patient I would be more than willing to do some sets for you. I hope to be back in action by early fall. If my schedule changes and I can do them sooner I will post here to let those interested know.
On a side note... Ive been having problems with the server for my site, so if anyone needs to contact me... feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] I will do my best to reply asap.
Thank you again
Walter

·
Registered
73 Posts
painted emblem

I am learning to paint my own emblem and hopefully the bug shield as well. MP350, how do you do the painting? AirBrush? If so, what process do you use? This is my first time on using the airbrush. I bought an airbrush kit from airbrush city and the first thing I am painting is my wiper arms on the truck. What kind of paint do you use?

·
Registered
93 Posts
BigPappa:
My biggest tip for you is be patient! Dont rush and stick with 1 paint system. You will get the best results that way.
To answer your questions..... I use strictly Nexa Autocolor. (base coat clearcoat urethane) Its a high end paint system thats now owned by PPG. The only time I use the airbrush is to do detail work. (shadows and whatnot) All of those bowties are done with a normal full sized spray gun or a mini jet (made by sata) I will HIGHLY suggest not trying to paint anything large with an airbrush. If your planning on painting the whole bug shield 1 color, use a normal spray gun (hvlp, gravity feed)
Expect to spend a lot of money for the first project. But you will be able to use most of the left overs on other projects. As to how I do it.... First you have to prep the plastic, and that will all depend on what kind of plastic your painting. There are way too many different types!
I will try to get into a lot more detail tonight when I get home from work. If I confuse you with descriptions let me know. I will do my best to help you on this.

Walter

·
Registered
73 Posts
painting

This is why I want to learn painting. I want to learn how to be patient. Anyways, I bought the bug shield from AVS in clear. I plan on painting the inside of the shield so the paint is protected. I purchased house of Kolor red, white, and blue lettering paint. they came in little 4oz cans and I bought the U311 reducer. I used my airbrush yesterday to paint the wiper arms on my truck and they came out really nice. Better then if I were to paint them with a spray can. I used ACE Hardware rust stop Black paint with the U311 reducer. I didn't quite like the mixture but it seem to work. The brush wasn't clogged or splattered so i think I got the paint thin enough. I will probably need you to help me, if you can, to do the chevy emblem and the bug shield. I have an idea but I want to talk to a pro and I have no one here to turn to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
of course, there are other options out there too...:)

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts