Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Forum, First time poster. Not new to the game, but new to the diesel side.

Bought a 07.5 CC 6.6 LMM

Bought from an owner who didnt really know what was done to it previously before they purchased.

Has a intake airbox
Diesel fuel lift pump
Full exhaust
Im sure the DPF is deleted

It had a tuner or so they said because of the dial that was under the steering wheel.

It had a dial knob from 1-5 under the wheel but it was broken off due to his wife getting into accident..

He said it had an EFI live on it, but it was tuned im sure to the truck with the way it was before.

I have added the following mods.

EGR delete
Rasied it 6 inches with a RC lift kit
20x10 inch rims
35x12.5x20 inch tires

The truck runs like a raped ape honestly and I want to turn it down before I ruin something. This truck is extemely fast and I believe I will have to put another tuner and monitor on the truck.

Im thinking when they had the accident the knob broke off while it was in some extreme mode or something like this.

I want to turn it down and make it just reliable. Nothing too crazy, a little black smoke is fine.

Any Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
940 Posts
welcome to DP:thumb::thumb:

Not sure the answer you seek on the broken switch.

I agree that getting it turned down to a reasonable level is important

I think you can just replace the switch:thumb:

someone with chime in and provide some better input but my first thought is you can replace the switch and then you can select a lower level of tune before you break something

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have disconnected the wires from the switch and took everything out completely. The truck has gone thru a basically frame off rebuild. I’m thinking I need to get a new tuner and something to monitor the truck also, gauges etc.....

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I have disconnected the wires from the switch and took everything out completely. The truck has gone thru a basically frame off rebuild. I’m thinking I need to get a new tuner and something to monitor the truck also, gauges etc.....

Any help would be appreciated.

I would have just put a new switch in it. More than likely, it’s still set at whatever tune he had it tuned to. Probably the 150hp tune the way you describe it. Imagine the tune is EFI Live. You don’t need a new tuner. A lot of waste of money for nothing. I’d find someone that can plug in and check it for you. Someone who has EFI Live experience. As far as the gauges, they are a must with a tuned truck, to monitor EGT temps., Boost pressure, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
44 Posts
You an find a performance diesel place near you. They most likely have an EFILive flashScan V2 and can check to see what you have and also what DSP 5 tune you are on. I would also have just replaced the switch. I deal with ATP Trucks near Boise, they have been very helpful with me over the phone. They also did my tunes and supplied my V2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts