Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after installing the juice I noticed that sometimes when I make a left signal I get both L and R flashing (like hazards are on). If you cancel and make the L turn again it will be fine and sometimes I have to turn the truck off. So yesterday I removed the juice and voila it is still doing it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
It's not the juice causing it. There are no signal light wiring running through the engine harnesses where they juice taps into. I would guess at it being a faulty turn signal switch. Turn the hazards on and off a couple times to make sure its not sitting on the edge or something.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You have a loose ground.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Check your trailer harness if you have th eoptional 5th wheel harness.......taped yp between the cab and bed.

My 1997 has a 5th wheel harness and had the same exact problem.......was 2 wires touching.

T
NY

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax said:
Check your trailer harness if you have th eoptional 5th wheel harness.......taped yp between the cab and bed.

My 1997 has a 5th wheel harness and had the same exact problem.......was 2 wires touching.

T
NY

But if that was the case it would also happen when he made a right signal (both would come on)

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
When mine did do it it only happened when one side was turned on....it also only did it when it was wet out......the wires had corroded and turned green and crusty.

You may be right about a ground....I have seen electrical nightmares as far as diagnosing turn out to be very simple or very difficult......

In any event....good luck fixing it.

T
NY

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx guys! I'll check out the camper wire harness first, then look for a loose ground. If I come up empty handed then it will be the first trip back to the dealer since I bought the truck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check all of your left hand turn signal bulbs, too. If one burns out, I've had it do as you're describing. Otherwise, I agree that a bad ground is most likely cause.

Good luck!

Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts