Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just broken the 25,000 mile mark and have noticed lately that the left rear speaker is making more static than music with cd and radio
. I believe this speaker is blown. Does anyone know if this is a covered item under the "bumper to bumper" 3/36k warranty? And if not, how much of a pain in the ace will it be to get one and replace it myself?

·
Registered
130 Posts
HOOKEM, should be covered no problem w/ the 3/36 unless you have made mod's to the stereo system that would cause the speaker to blow. Good Luck, DinoMax

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods to stereo, I guess I will take it in and see what the service guy says. These engines are so quiet, even with a better exhaust, that I have never had to turn it up more than halfway and that's just for the adrenaline boost before playing basketball.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truck is in the shop as we speak to get a new speaker, covered under warranty. I wonder what it will be like to hear crystal clear music again

I guess I was just leary about taking it to the stealer and him saying "I'm sorry but your stereo is not between your bumpers, its inside your cab, so we will not be covering it." A page from slick willie's terminology 101, especially because I did not buy it from them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ever get the feeling that you're talking to yourself. Then again, sometimes it's the only way to have an intelligent conversation. I'm just glad one of you cares. Thanks DinoMax.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sorry Hookem, I just read the thread.

Heck, I hope they are checking all of them. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts