Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 2500HD with the boss XM radio head unit and its not putting out any sound at all . I can use the head phones in the rear sterio system just fine so it must be a trouble with the bose speaker system. could the amp be going bad or do you think it is the head unit in the front end? any help with would be great.
Thanks Earl

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
check the 30amp amplifier fuse in the underhood fuse box...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It not blown all the fueses look good. when it first quit working it was only every once in a while then it got worse and now it has no sound at all.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My brother's truck has bose and just started doing something like that. When he gets out of his seat it cuts out. Almost seems like it's a grounding problem. You can hear it pop through the speakers when he gets out of the seat and then no sound.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats how it started at first i thought it must be a short so i was trying to see if it was doing it when I hit a bump or standing still. does any one know how the speaker system is grounded?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have off the next todays and want to try and figure this out any one know how it is gounded should I start with the amp and work my way to the head unit

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My brother's truck is running a non stock head unit, and the sub keeps playing, just the normal truck speakers cut out. So this makes me fairly sure it's the bose amp and not the head unit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts