Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it gets below 32 deg outside and the truck sits, I get in and guess what? No chimes, no radio sound! Have had the head unit checked, replaced with anothere, still same issue, usually, the sound comes back after the cabin temp warms up apx 30 min or so. I can speed the process with a hair dryer blowing on the amp, and get the time down to 1-2 min. So I am fairly certain its the amp.

Anyone else have this problem?

GM has issues with looking into it as I have quite a few accesories installed and a secondary power center under the cup holder. The dealer is trying to work with me though. He says if I can produce evidence that it has been a problem in other trucks, he will take it out and swap it, or I can and he will still swap it. I prefer to do that work as I dont want all my wiring messed with.

And yes I have tried disconnecting all my extra stuff and it still presents the same way...

Someone please say they had a similar issue....

Bill
05 2500HD DA CC

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
mine did that the other day....the radio came on normal,but no sound?so I turned off the truck and turned it back on and everything worked.....btw...it was about 70* out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine use to do thay when it was cold just not work until it wormed up. then it started acting like it had a short and now it doesnt have sound at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How was it resolved? Or is it still doing it?

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts