Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has, is, or could anyone feasibly run the boost stick and the PPE Boost Controller together? My thinking is that by doing so(if possible) one could still achieve higher low end boost while placing a ceiling at the top so that you could still not surpass 32lbs. of boost. Possible? Good Idea? Bad?
thanks
Jake

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
You can do it. I don't think they will stack to any advantage.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only advantage Id expect or want to gain would be the added boost on the low end. I would not expect any sort of increase in hp, mileage, or other.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Yea, but you can't have it down low and not add up high. The added boost above about 30 PSI is what will hurt you.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I hear ya. I just put the BS back on today but Ive got to be easy on it and keep an eye on my gauge cause I can hit the 35lb peg really hard and really easy. I guess Im gonna take it out tomorrow. Does the boost stick even increase boost on the low end or does it just raise the proverbial boost limit from somewhere in the 20lb range to somewhere in the 32-34lb. range?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yea, but you can't have it down low and not add up high. The added boost above about 30 PSI is what will hurt you.
I run the Predator, which I understand adds boost. Would the boost stick be of any benefit on my truck? (05 LLY)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. I just put the BS back on today but Ive got to be easy on it and keep an eye on my gauge cause I can hit the 35lb peg really hard and really easy. I guess Im gonna take it out tomorrow. Does the boost stick even increase boost on the low end or does it just raise the proverbial boost limit from somewhere in the 20lb range to somewhere in the 32-34lb. range?
How much $$$ do you have in the PPE, VA, BS? How much $$$ is the PPE boost controller? Why not buy the EFILive software and make your truck perform the way YOU want it to? You could sell off the other devices, buy EFILive and still have change left over!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EFILive scares the bejeezus out of me. I got a CD from Trippin and I cant even figure out how to use that damn thing. But believe me Ive thought about it. I dont have a laptop either, my girlfriend does but I might throw her out soon so the laptop would go with her. If I had someone closer that knew a little more than me about the EFILive and how to use it, then I would deffinitely go that route.

Six Pack---I definitely recommend running the Boost Stick with the Predator, I did when I was running the predator and the improvement was vast.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
My G-tech Pro RR says the BS is worth a tenth to 60mph maybe a tenth and a half in the quarter, which is about right judging from the hp gains that have been floated around here. The BS really brings up the low end IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts