Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of boost numbers is everyone getting? I am seeing about 25-28 pounds, through a mechnical boost gauge. I have a bullydog power pup, straight 4 inch exhaust, and a k&n filter charger system.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Used to get 32 LBS now I only get 26LBS. I think it is a EGR leak that has my boost knocked down.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Used to get 32 LBS now I only get 26LBS. I think it is a EGR leak that has my boost knocked down.
can you try to verify this somehow? I don't think what you are saying is possible, isn't just the opposite? Exhaust leaking past egr is at 40 psi I think.

·
Registered
110 Posts
25 Pounds Was Geting 27 When I First Put Exhaust On

·
Registered
282 Posts
24 psi on mechanical guage and 27 psi on edge j/a
believe which ever one you will

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i see a max of 28psi with the setup listed below!!!!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
KB, I actually believe that my EGR is stuck partially open. I have ordered a blockoff plate and it was lost in the mail. I guess I will know for sure when I get it blocked off. I have checked all the boots and the guage itself and cannot find a leak anywhere. You have any suggestions??

·
Registered
954 Posts
stuck open egr will dump boost and cause a major hesitation

·
Registered
71 Posts
mines kind of doing the same thing all of a sudden. I used to throw 1093's till I had the rail replaced last year, then it came back a few months ago. all the time a 1093. Now the code is gone but the truck falls on its face at full throttle. at 1/2 its fine and I never have seen over 24lbs with the edge.

Can this be a stuck EGR? I did throw a code of turbo under boost once and im getting pissed. I have a new rail coming again (need to do the mod I read here) but for now. This this is a soot monster! I just ordered an mbrp 5" exhaust for it thinking that the system could be pluged along the line somewhere. Also last fall I had to change out the EGT sensor, it was coverd so bad it was not working and sometime working in reverse (under acell the egt would come down!)

if im just driving along its fine, and put 1000's of miles a month on this thing. Im headed to Virginia, NC, then over to Nashville this weekend and would love to get my acelleration at WOT back. it does seem like the Turbo is dumping boost of there is no fuel. . . . SOMETHING in not right here.

what are the factory specs for boost? I have edge w/att and a bullydog shift enhancer with a panel filter for mods.

·
Registered
954 Posts
not a stuck egr.it would not have any power on take off.then almost full power above 2500 rpm

·
Registered
211 Posts
28lbs-35lbs with boost stick /predator on 65.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can only get 20-21 lbs. max. Is this normal for a stock LLY or should I be getting more? Just installed blocker and fingers stick. If my blocker plate leaks would that drop boost? I need to check that.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I can only get 20-21 lbs. max. Is this normal for a stock LLY or should I be getting more? Just installed blocker and fingers stick. If my blocker plate leaks would that drop boost? I need to check that.
Perfectly normal for stocker. There are very few programs that alter boost so many that are seeing 25 psi either have boost modifiers or an inaccurate gauge..

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Boost Pressure

The GM mechcanic that clears the Fuel Sense Code for me, asked about fuel mileage, then went on to say each pound of boost lost is a MPG lost. He suggested that I check all the pressurized intake system clamps for tightness.
There is lots of clamps.
On my todo list.
Turnpike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts