Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done any heavy towing with there LLY with a edge ez and boost stick installed? Just wondering if the added boost for long periods of time will be bad or has already been proven safe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have towed my 12,500 5`vr with edge on 1 (tow) and boost stick and egr blocker plate.

EGR temps looked good, but kept getting the error "performance intake" or something like that...forgot the error code #.

Have the Preditor in the cab so I was able to reset the code while driving...not sure if that is good for the comp.????

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I tow a ton with the Predator and the BS and I see no problems so far.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you should be fine just put it on and watch your egt so i thnik you will be fine

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good. I tow a 53' goosneck loaded with a race car and lots of race stuff so its a decent load.

·
Registered
382 Posts
you should be fine just put it on and watch your egt so i thnik you will be fine
The BS helps with EGT's, personally I have not seen any EGT's high enough to do any damage after installing the BS.

The LLY turbo can withstand high amounts of boost for extended periods and Fingers and JK designed the BS to not go above 35 give or take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts