Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally added the third leg of the stool, Edge, Exhaust, and now Boost Stick. No CAT or EGR also.

The boost stick seemed to finally wake up my LLY. Seat of the pants puts it back near my old LB7 on Level 4. Install took a little head scratching, removing A/C compressor helped a little and a little luck lining up the connector to boost sensor.

How much additional boost is gained through the cycle? It don't have a real boost guage and probably won't add one. This will likely be the final engine mod if everything stays strong.

Seems like a nice addition to the truck after the Juice and exhaust. Thanks JK.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
BS will keep you below 35 with a target about 30. IF you have the fuel.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Now watch out for the Allison! The Edge with BS on level 3 is about max for non towing. Level 2 is about max for towing.

A pyrometer and boost gauge are DEFINITELY a good idea, but we've designed this device to be pretty safe. What DURAtotheMAX is referring to was his own doing by taking programming into his own hands.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
The BS sure brings the low end up, makes the truck a lot more responsive.

Repeated G-tech Pro RR runs on my truck show about a tenth better to 60mph and about a tenth to tenth and a half better quarter mile. Does 25 or so HP sound about right? Seems the BS would impact towing and around town driving in a big way more than drag racing (which it was not designed for)

Its a great product.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now watch out for the Allison! The Edge with BS on level 3 is about max for non towing. Level 2 is about max for towing.

A pyrometer and boost gauge are DEFINITELY a good idea, but we've designed this device to be pretty safe. What DURAtotheMAX is referring to was his own doing by taking programming into his own hands.
Anyword on a working BoostStick for us 2005 Cali folks?!! you guys are killing me. This is the last thing i want to do ( until my trany ) on my mbrp / PPE set up!

·
Registered
114 Posts

I thought level 3 was max on tranny without BS? Could I run my J/A on 4 and be fine?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Anyword on a working BoostStick for us 2005 Cali folks?!! you guys are killing me. This is the last thing i want to do ( until my trany ) on my mbrp / PPE set up!
Kennedy and Fingers have them done. I just installed one on our 05 LLY CA Emissions truck. :ro) :ro) :ro) It works like a charm!!!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I thought level 3 was max on tranny without BS? Could I run my J/A on 4 and be fine?
4 without 3 with is right on the line for stock trans NOT towing. Back down a level to be safer. Variances in truck setup/performance, individual driving style, transmissions, climates, etc can change things.

·
Registered
114 Posts
4 without 3 with is right on the line for stock trans NOT towing. Back down a level to be safer. Variances in truck setup/performance, individual driving style, transmissions, climates, etc can change things.
you guys never stop amazing me with you knowledge

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
What he said!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kennedy and Fingers have them done. I just installed one on our 05 LLY CA Emissions truck. :ro) :ro) :ro) It works like a charm!!!

Rock on! Going to order mine today!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just got off the phone with them and they still say its hit or miss. LLY DMAX - you said that you have a 05 but in your sig you say its a 4.5 I think that makes a diffrence.

·
Registered
87 Posts
WILL THE BS GIVE YOU THE SAME RESPONSIVENESS IN A MANUAL TRANS AS IT DOES IN THE AUTO TRANS.:driver:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Just got off the phone with them and they still say its hit or miss. LLY DMAX - you said that you have a 05 but in your sig you say its a 4.5 I think that makes a diffrence.
We have 3.
04.5 LLY Federal Emissions
05 LLY Kaliforneia:D Emissions
06 LBZ Federal Emissions

The 05 works great, So does the 04.5.
I really want one for the LBZ now!

·
Registered
259 Posts
So what is final thought on the 04.5 california emissions truck for the boost stick? hit or miss or are the 04.5's free and clear and are able to run the boost stick flawlessly?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I don't think we've heard much from ANY 04.5 owners with issues, it's just 05 trucks. Results with the 05 CA have been pretty good so far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dollar for dollar the BS was the best money I've spent. E/A 4'' Mbrp. I would spend more if you guys could figure out how to make my E/A read correct boost pressures. I don't really want pillar guages. Is there any Dyno charts on how much difference the BS makes with my setup? Seems like alot of people are running this setup. The BS cut my 1/4 times 1 second.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think we've heard much from ANY 04.5 owners with issues, it's just 05 trucks. Results with the 05 CA have been pretty good so far.
Just placed an order for one. Ill Let you all know how it works out!

:ro)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just ordered mine, I'll report back in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts