Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just installed my boost stick from kennedy, I noticed after installing it the truck has lost it's zip in the high end. It pulls like a mule off the line, but once it hits 3,000 rpms it feels like it is being held back. Could I possibly not have enough fuel now? It seem to get better when the propane is on, but when it is off, I think it is slower. Right now my current setup is hypertech on stage 3, propane msd on 70% setting, and a k & n filter drop in. The egt's don't get outta line, stay aroun 1,100 degrees when I romp on it, I unplugged the egr too and it seemed to get a little better but could it still be blowing past the vavle? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Boost I see so far is around 32 - 35 psi, hard to tell for sure because the boost gauge I have only goes up to 30 psi. Still awaiting my replacement from autometer to at least read up to 35 psi.

Thanks in advance

Kurt

P.S. Still is a stock trans too ( I know, I soon will have a ats once I roast this pig LOL)

Also no codes yet, or should say no SES light.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I'd scan for codes before anything else...

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If you are hitting 30 psi, I'd look to removing the Hypertech and see what happens.

Try to find someone with an Edge box to try. Levele 2 or 3 max though...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay scanned the truck, pulled p2138 and p2139. Looked those up has to do with acceleration correlation? I have 4 egr codes but that is unpluged so not concerned about those right at the moment. Would the boost stick cause this?

Thanks
Kurt

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Tip off on the top is probably fuel. Your running out of it. That is mostly a tune thing. I would like to know what all your codes are and what version of the BS you have.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay that is what I was thinking too, think I will upgrade to a quadzilla or predator. Leaning more towards a predator, since I still want to run pane. Egr codes are only there when I have the valve unplugged. But I will take mine into the dealer on monday and have them check out the accelerator codes. My dealer is good about having aftermarket stuff on the truck. Codes so far that I have pulled 401 404 405 1406, and a 2138 and 2139. Version of boost stick is the latest I assume since I just bought it last thursday or wensday.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
OK, thanks for the info. The EGR codes are not BS related. You should be golden with the Predator.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See I never scanned the truck before the boost stick, are the 2138 and 2139 bs related? I actually went with quadzilla, got a deal on it so I couldn't pass it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts