Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John my boost stick produces less boost when its pluged in and more when its not. Checked all connections and thier tight. I.E. Banks six gun/speed loader is set on 3 when towing 8000lb trailer usually get 25 psi boost now with boost stick plugged in it only goes to 18psi. I think I read at one time truck had to be under load for this to work. Is 8k lbs not enough load? Also truck seems to have less power and the go pedal is slower in response. I know its Sunday and I dont expect a reply today it can wait til monday. Thanks in advance. Enjoy the superbowl and the family.

Shawn

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
When I installed mine the first time, I bent a pin in one of the connectors which caused NO boost to be made.

Also make certain you've got the connectors going the right way and not turned backwards.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok went and took every thing off and rechecked it again and still have only 18 psi on the gauge. Only now I have this horrible "TURBO BARK" sound. What else is there to do? I am open for suggestions. Someone please help me.

Thanks Shawn

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The only way to read the correct boost is with a gauge that does not read the databus.

Not sure what to say about the turbo bark as it generally only occurs with the EGR functional.

It could also be that the Banks does not like it. I have no experience with the operation of the Banks units as I had my fill on the LB7.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John so its really working, just not getting the correct reading. Should I unplug the EGR to stop the turbo bark have read some posts stating that this stopped it?

Shawn

·
Registered
777 Posts
turbo bark

Thanks John so its really working, just not getting the correct reading. Should I unplug the EGR to stop the turbo bark have read some posts stating that this stopped it?

Shawn
yes , unplug the egr plug when engine is cold , that should take care of your turbo bark !!!! ;)

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If your turbo is barking with the EGR plate installed, you can try unplugging the EGR connector, but hard to say if it will make a difference or not. The EGR can still allow air pressure into the cooler which could theoretically be stored and released on the next EGR opening if conditions were right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info JK. Will unplug in the AM after I get to the Machine shop. Can't take any chances on codes tomorrow.

Shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts