Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 with the hypertech on stage 3, silverline 4" turbo back exhaust and AFE stage 2 intake kit. My gauges are the commander control digital stand alone gauge system. My question to everyone is - What is your normal boost pressure when you are just criusing unloaded between 60 and 70 MPH. Mine runs 0-1 PSI, if I step on it it comes right up like normal. Is this normal for the Garrett VVT turbos on the duramax's? All info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yeah thats normal. That is about what I see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a boost stick will help this.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yes a boost stick will increase the boost at cruising a little bit. But, its not really needed. You dont need boost at 60-70 mph cruising unladen. If Im not mistaken, you will actually get better fuel mileage with 0 boost at these speeds and conditions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
jmg343;1585754; said:
Yes a boost stick will increase the boost at cruising a little bit. But, its not really needed. You dont need boost at 60-70 mph cruising unladen. If Im not mistaken, you will actually get better fuel mileage with 0 boost at these speeds and conditions.
X2

I have the boost stick and run about 3-4 PSI at that speed. Once boost comes up off of 0, MPG go down. If I was to ever take a long distance trip and wanted best open road fuel ecomomy, that boost stick would come off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts