Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did about 20 minutes of reading through old posts on this with no real answer. When street racing, I have started doing boost launches at about 5 PSI. The truck pulls hard to the left out of the hole for the 1st few seconds. My thoughts on this is the open dif up front. Is an LSD up front a cure for this and possibly better times? I know with the bars lowered down I will be okay, but with them up this is the result every time. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
95 looks and not a single reply? How about opinons on a front locker VS. LSD to fix the problem and better times.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Dont know about the locker, but cognito braces will help keep her straigt. Worked for me and helped my times too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the cognitos. A few dmaxes like tomacs and what not are running the front e locker. not sure if it is primarily for the sled pulling or drag racing.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
It will be a lot more beneficial for sled pulling than for drag racing. But, Im sure it will not hurt at the track either.

·
Registered
425 Posts
jmg343;1634748; said:
Dont know about the locker, but cognito braces will help keep her straigt. Worked for me and helped my times too.
:agreed:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The braces only help to a certain power level (been proven by many) but still pulls slightly. When running above the 500hp level (and anything lower as well) there is only 1 real solution to the problem. The SD center link. Not many ever go back to the stocker after using one. Some change back over to the stocker for winter only (simple change out). Some talk about a loss in turn radius but it is not very noticable at all. This thing is made for the ultimate in front end strength and durability for the track, pulls or just plain hard core driving. No more toe in or out or wander with this one. Several vendors carry it here including PPE.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have redline diesel reinforced centerlink. I assume it is the same as the SD ones. I assume this is just normal at 500+ rear wheel. Anyone with a front locker or LSD?

·
Registered
266 Posts
My truck never felt right with the superdiesel centerlink. I switched to the cognito supports and am much happier. Parking is much easier.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Kurt;1637446; said:
My truck never felt right with the superdiesel centerlink. I switched to the cognito supports and am much happier. Parking is much easier.

Do you still have the SD centerlink? Looking to get rid of it? I'd like to try one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
VMAX;1637092; said:
I have redline diesel reinforced centerlink. I assume it is the same as the SD ones. I assume this is just normal at 500+ rear wheel. Anyone with a front locker or LSD?
The RLDP re-enforced centerlink Is just that. A stock centerlink that is re-enforced with a 3/8" x 3/4" plate that spans the whole length of the centerlink. There are a few forum members that run it in sledpulls with high HP and no issues so far.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The Redline is different. The SDs are a compleatly new unit made of solid 304SS. The Cognito supports (good as they are for mild vehicles) still allow to much toe in for my taste and the power some of us run (I've tried them). They have and will break over time with so much extra power. I prefer the much more solid feel of the SD center link. I'm not out to win any donut contests. My tires have about the same life as before too. Nothing wrong with any of the choices out there. It just depends what you want to do with the truck.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1000hp;1637783; said:
The RLDP re-enforced centerlink Is just that. A stock centerlink that is re-enforced with a 3/8" x 3/4" plate that spans the whole length of the centerlink. There are a few forum members that run it in sledpulls with high HP and no issues so far.
HE LIVES! Brandon, I am sure you did your research before installing these. Just dont want to screw anything up from low boost launchs. If it wont hurt anything with the truck pulling like it does I wont worry to much about it. If I am "playing with fire" then I would like to look into another option for a more even power distribution

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.