Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoot,

In the past there were a few posts on how to best install a boost guage. Do you have any of that in your history file? Some here might find that helpful.

Bob

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Yes, good idea. I'll try and get to it... unless somebody else would like to have a go at it. Many of these articles have been emailed or posted to my attention.

The way I did my boost was more work than most would bother doing. Maybe we could do a multiple method writeup.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I welded a bung on my intake pipe.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you think there would be any difference in readings between Hoot's way and/or tapping into waste gate hose?? Looks like Hoot's might be a better way.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I'm reading boost close to the point of entry. There is a boost sensor somewhere that the Edge Attitude uses to display boost pressure. That may even be better.... comments?

I don't suggest trying to use the sensor for our gauges, just thinking outload as to which readings might be better. Probably at this point they should be close.Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Spa 211 and now attitude. The attitude seems to be showing higher boost readings. Received the new attitude with record keeping today and should be able to compare more accuratly.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
aztjc said:
I have the Spa 211 and now attitude. The attitude seems to be showing higher boost readings. Received the new attitude with record keeping today and should be able to compare more accuratly.
There ya go... Let us know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Turns out the Attitude I received did not have "records" programmed either. According to Aaron will be another few weeks.Edge must be having problems.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
aztjc,

I tapped into the waste gate hose on my '01, now sold. I'll probably follow the same procedure on my '04 but JKs method is workable too. It read fine and gave me a good indication of how things were running. I don't think it is a vital as the Pyro side of things, as long as it's consistent so we can catch a change or monitor fuel efficiency.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts