Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried, but cannot see how to do this.

Example: Is there one preferences setting that lets me display all boost figures in PSI instead of inches mercury? It must be so obvious that I am missing it.

I want to go to "PSI" from "inHG"

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have done that. Can't find psi anywhere, do you have psi?
Calibrations that have units that can be displayed as Metric or Imperial have predefined units for those two different systems. Manifold Absolute Pressure values are only available in kPa (metric) and inHg (Imperial). There is currently no option to have MAP displayed in psi.

Our next version of EFILive (V8) will be able to display calibrations (and calibration labels) in *any* set of units - even user defined ones.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
500 Posts
Either I found a calc_PID and used it, or I made my own calc PID to show actual boost in psi.

Problem is still limited to 22.8 psi, as factory map will only show 37psi max... Heard Guy had a fix of sort, but haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Either I found a calc_PID and used it, or I made my own calc PID to show actual boost in psi.

Problem is still limited to 22.8 psi, as factory map will only show 37psi max... Heard Guy had a fix of sort, but haven't seen it yet.
We will change the default to show psi as the default units for the next release, seems that's what everyone wants.

I don't remember the name of the PID off the top of my head (and I'm not on my PC right now), but there is a calc PID (might be actual boost), that shows the true boost pressue taking Baro pressure into account.
Look under the 'Diesel' section where you select PID's to find the boost PID that goes beyond the normal factory limit.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
GM.BOOST.DMA is the PID.

It is a calculated PID, meaning it is derived from two or more other PIDs.
In additon to activating this PID for logging you must activate the PIDs that are used in the calculation. So, how do we know which PIDs are used in the calculation?

Highlight GM.BOOST.DMA and right click, select "more info" and it will display the calculation.

Hope this helps!

:D

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Seems to me it would have to calculate based on boost sensor and baro sensor to get "actual" boost value, and may even throw in MAF and IAT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts