Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 lly with an edge juice w/ att. when I put it on #6 100hp the boost alarm goes off at 30psi. What is safe for a stock engine and turbo?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have my boost alarm set on 36 one of my friends has the bullydog and edge and his boosts up to 50 but i would have to say that cannont be good for the stock motor

·
Registered
410 Posts
50psi!!? on a stock charger that would be a waste and not good for the charger. Most experts say about 32psi is about all you want I have thirty six and they are telling me its too high so I'm fixing it with my programming. I'd say high 20's real low 30's

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I've been hearing high 20's low 30's for the lb7 and LLY, I was wondering with the 06 having a different turbo could it stand more?

·
Registered
2 Posts
honestly your best bet is to try and find the compressor map for the turbo that is on your truck. That will show you using a simple formula what boost levels are efficient for the particular turbo you have. I dont know all the details for the lly and lbz, but a little research cant hurt especially if you are running very high boost. It is more likely that you will make better HP on lower boost if your turbo is at peak efficiency.
example: http://turboneticsinc.com/compmaps.htm

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
30psi I would say. Also, more you compress it hotter it gets. Stock intercooler I wouldnt run more then that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright let me refrase the question I have the edge juice w/ att and the hot setting. right now i dont run the hot code unless some one is tail gating me but when i do my boost alarm comes on. i know that you should not run the hot setting with out the trany work but correct me if i am wrong, usually the trany limps when in 4-6 gear. soo what is the most boost i can run on my stock turbo so i can check out my hot code in 1-3 gears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts