Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't come up with the answer I was looking for. I am installing a boost and pyro gauge this weekend. Just to make sure you tap the turbo pipe on the passenger side for the boost correct? Could I get some pics please. I was thinking about tapping it underneath kinda hidden from the stealer. And for the power for the gauge lighting it is my understanding that I can tap into the brown/white wire on the headlight switch and get the dimming function with my dash lights.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
If you drill in the Kennedy position make sure that you use a 90 degree angle drill. That way you won't have to pull the manifold off to drill and tap. A Super Diesel manifold is a good investment if you don't want to drill for the boost gauge.

The brown and white wire is the correct one to tap for the dimmer function.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I just drilled and tapped the top. Easier to get to and I never really considered a boost guage an issue with the dealership. Atleast I have never heard of an issue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
thats where my boost is taped. dealer shouldnt say much. My pyro probe was taped in the passenger side manifold. good luck.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
You could always visit superdiesel's site and order a manifold. It's pretty cool and you don't have to drill anything except the Pyro probe.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yea he could do that,but if he's not going to add water/meth injection or nos he probable sould just tap the manifold. the sd manifold cost $125

·
Registered
262 Posts
tapped it couln't see that $125 nice product not economical for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts