Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I did a search and posted this under accessories but so far no complete anaswers. Also, it looks like hoot plans on doing an article on it but I was hoping to install this weekend.

I'm looking for a bit of info on how/where to tap into for the boost line. The sensor came with a 1/8" hose port that I suspect needs to be T'd in somewhere, my question is where is the best place?

I'll mount the sensor under the dash per the instructions but need to run the 1/8" line in from where?

I got one response to my post that said "the line running to the wastegate.

Is the line running to the wastegate obvious or will I have to remove something to find it? Is it also 1/8"?

Thanks!

2DAMAX

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Remove the plastic engine cover and then you should be able to see the wastegate bleed off easily,it runs accross the front (?) of the turbo .... The 1/8 inch tube goes from the T to the back of the gauge ....Run it thru a spot in the fire wall of your chose so as not to kink on the way to the gauge port ...

Get busy ...

Mac

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
You can use the line, it hooks to the wastegate and runs to the drivers side to a nipple that supplies the boost.

I hard mount it into the intake housing, you already have to drill and ta a hole in the manifold or the EGT, the boost uses the same size drill/tap. Either will work fine.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts