Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1997 Suburban 6.5 I am going with TD edit Non site sponsor vendor link removed
gauges because I like the warning lights.

The boost gauge comes with the T fitting for the vacuum line. I need the fitting to tap into the turbo pipe. What fitting do I need to get? Which one from Summit fort he boost? Or where can I get a cheep fitting?

Non site sponsor vendor link removedThe Pyro/ETG gauge sender comes with the gauge. Do I just drill and tap this into the exhaust manifold? No special fitting?

I am also using there oil temp gauge as the trans temp gauge. Where do I tap this into? Special fitting?

Where should I set the warning values at for each gauge

Anything else?

I am going with the Heath stage 2

TD edit link to non site sponsor vendor link removed

Thanks Mike

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Pleasefill out your signature. It aids us in helping you by knowing what truck you have, S or F VIN etc. As for your question, are you getting the boost/vac guage combo? If just the boost gauge itself all you need is:

1/8" line (should come with gauge)
1 1/8" compression x female pipe thread (screws into back of gauge, should also be included)
1 1/8" compression x male pipe thread (screws into plenum after tapping, might not be included- (was not with mine))

I got mine at a local NAPA's, but you should be able to get them at any autoparts store or some hardware stores.
I think this should do it for your boost gauge:

As for your pyro gauge it should come with a sending unit similar to the one shown here:
All you need to do is drill and tap the manifold for 1/8 pipe thread (that is what mine was anyways) then run your wiring to the cab and wherever you want to mount them.

TD edit Links to Summit removed, remember we can talk about a vendor, but if not listed on the vendor page, we can't link to them directly, one reason we don't have member dues is because vendors pay to advertise here, no revenue for the site to offset operating costs if we link for free, plus it isn't fair to ones that do pay to advertise here, to link to their competition.

Check this out when you install your pyro.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34248&page=1&pp=10

As for your other questions about trans and oil temp I can't help you there since I have never installed these before, but im sure someone on here can help you with that.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Jacob

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Trans temp sender gets installed in the pressure test port above the shift linkage....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guage fitttings

With the heath stage 2 your get rid of the vacuum and pully and use a manual boost controller. You need a smaller serp belt. Not sure of the part number, but it might be 061000 gates belt. This boost guage is an electrical guage so the tapped in line goes into a converter that gets mounted that comes with the guage and sends an electrical signal to the boost guage.

I am hoping the pyro guage sender tapps in the same and now I see the trans temp has a plug location that you can use, but I am unsure if the sender that come with this guage will fit.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14957&d=1139354107

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61854&page=3&highlight=trans+temp+install

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fitting (boost)

I have the clear plastic bendable hose that came with the boost gauge. The gauge kit did not come with a fitting you need to tap into the turbo intake. I went to the auto store and found a brass compression fitting that has one end 1/8 that you will screw into the tapped hole and the other end is 1/4 where the hose slides into. Apparently when you tighten this end for the hose the little round sleeve inside will crush somewhat around the hose to form a seal. Is this right? Will the plastic tube hose be sealed and hold in this type of fitting? The hose then goes into a converter that sends an electrical signal to the boost gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts