Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that 140,000 miles is nothing for a diesel, but I'm starting to get kind of worried about the longevity of my 6.5 I dont want to sink much more money into it, especially a motor or something along those lines...

On a cold day when I crank it without having it hooked up (never had a chance to) it will smoke for like 10-15 seconds and its like grayish blue smoke, I know thats not that big of a concern but the blue smoke is what scares me which it has a blueish black smoke when I get on it if its not completly warmed up...

How can I tell if the previous owner replaced the injectors already? If I understood correctly if an injector leaks it will cause problems with piston rngs wearing out prematurely....

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I suspect 1 or more glows isn't working, no problem just hard to start assuming that the smke clears once engine is warmed up a little.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to be honest today i replaced both batteries and its cranks so much better now I havent gotten to cold start it yet but I'd be willing to say it wont smoke as much...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts