Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 04 Duramax LLY with 62k. that when i come to a stop in gear (Allison) with my foot on the break it starts to bellow blue smoke and stinks real bad. If i put in neutral the blue smoke goes away but it still stinks. I have changed the fuel filter and tried different fuels and additives to no avail. I then took it to Camp Chevrolet in Spokane,WA. who put it on their machine and said there was nothing wrong.. Not sure what to do next.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does it only smoke in a certain temperature range? My LLY used to smoke at exactly 180 degrees engine temp. The dealer did a reflash of the computer and it cured the problem...and I lost one mpg in the trade.

My smoke was more white than blue, but a real FOG and like yours would really stink.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems to smoke more in cold weather, although it stinks the same hot or cold. kinda like an over fueling problem with out the raw diesel smell..

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine only does it once in a great while. It does do it when its cold, just attribute it to the cold weather and nothing else. I have seen it do it once in the middle of summer, also blocked up filter though so that must have been bad fuel.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Mine dose that a bit when its cold, it seems to go away for the most part once it's warm, maybe a touch of smoke but I think it's normal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had mine reflashed and that took care of the problem.

·
Registered
251 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts