Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was driving around and then my truck turned off on me, could of been caused by the edge...but not sure,then it wouldnt turn over...then i went and looked at the engine and noticed by truck was just pouring out coolant from the block. I talked to the local dealer and it seems like its the freeze plug. I was wondering what am i going to have to do to remove the old one and install the new one...or what else it could be....i only drove my truck home from there and thats it, only like 5 miles, and havent drove it since....

Kyle

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no help?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
shut down was from overheat more than likely, should be able to see leak, if freeze plug why did it pop out, remove old one and drive new one in. find leak, could be hose or crossoverplate in back of engine normally on pass side, rear of block.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The truck temp was at 180 degrees...so it wasnt overheating...but the leak isnt visable...but when i was going to work on it today...the leak was alot smaller...and i got some leak stop and ran it through and now the leak has stopped...so idk really what it is...but ill get it on a lift soon and look at it more closely...

kyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts