Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm new here and looking for help. I have spent almost 2 yrs looking for a decent 6.5 and finally found a virgin A 94 1500 4wheel drive with a 6.5 natural and 5 spd with 119000 kms in mint condition. I've had er for six months and two days ago the air cleaner bolts broke off and she swallowed one, I opened her up and its not pretty 1 valve and the bolt through the back right piston. has any one else had or heard of this...:(

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
As long as that is all the damage, replace the piston and the valve and put it back together, probable should replace the bearings on that rod also and check rod to make sure it isn't bent, and if it is, pm me I have quite a few rods left.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ferm in his post he says its a NA engine
Nick

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow, 94 with less than 75000 miles, was it parked for most of its life ?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Didnt know GM made an NA motor in 94. I thought they all were turbo by then.
Would that make it the "Low Zoot" motor? :eek::

Sorry.. couldn't help myself...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yep, GM actually installed Non-Turbo 6.5's in 94 and 95 model trucks. The only ones I've seen were the 1/2 ton trucks, in either 2WD or 4WD. They were also equipped with a DS4 pump and besides that, were just like a 6.2.

I'd be interested in having one for the reliability factor, and also for the sake of being able to BURY my RIGHT foot and not worry (so much) about EGT's.

Plus, I'm also curious to see if there is ANY fuel MPG advantage to the DS4 electronic pump on a n/a engine as compared to a DB2 (6.2 not 6.5 turbo) pump.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts