Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the winter, my front blower started working only on high. Then it sounded awfull.
I replaced it this weekend. Runs nice and smooth but still only on high. I then replaced the speed control switch in the dash. Still only works on high.
The guys at the part store let me trade the switch for the blower motor resistor.
Now comes the problem!!!
Where does this thing go???? I can't see it with the glove box or gauge cluster trim removed.
I was hoping somebody would know before I pull the whole dash off looking for it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
open the glove box, maybe even remove it? its on top of the HVAC box to the left of where the blower motor goes. haven't done it personally just going by what ondemand says, it suggests rolling the instrument panel forward but there is a tech tip that says you should be able to snake it out through the glove box if the glove box is removed.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have never done it on one of the 95 up interiors, but on mine when you pulled the glove box out, you could kind of see it, but the set of relays were in the way, once you removed them it was just a matter of snaking past the wiring.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got into that earlier today. I pulled it out and it looked like a mouse trap under it. Figured it was the damper. I'll look at it again.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
remove the glove box and swing the relays out of the way and you can get in there with a 1/4 ratchet to remove the 2 screws and pop it out, i did mine a couple months ago, it was pretty easy.

the new one will smell like something burning when you put it on the lower speeds for a little while, that is normal

·
Registered
205 Posts
It's #2 in this pic:

TifToGif.gif

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had that problem. I replaced the switch speed on the dash but then I discoverd the wires were corroded in the connector that attaches the switch. I cut them off and soldered them right to the switch and it solved the problem. I also pulled the blower moter and sprayed some wd40 in the bearing and it made the motor squeel go away. It's been good all winter.

·
Premium Member
9,258 Posts
i just kick my blower when it squeals.... :p: works every time ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts