Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this old thread and have the identical problem:

my blower motor will work perfectly on all speeds if I jumper from the ground connector to the frame. The exisiting black wire shows a limited potential for continuity.

The thread discusses this, but never confirms that the fix was to run a new ground. I PM'd Gracie, but have not heard back.

Can anyone else chime in?

My intent is to just run a length of 12 guage wire from the blower fan ground connecter to the frame. (Green Machine posted a wiring diagram in the old thread above).

·
She Don't Smoke!
4,690 Posts
I don't know if I stated it in that thread but I did run an extra ground off the blower motor housing to the body or frame or something... Was a quick and easy fix :), did I mention free too? lol!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Found that brake controller needed a better ground than to firewall .Ran a dedicated grnd directly to battery. Same for windshield wiper motor/controller . Have had no problems for a number of years by so doing. Just mention this as another example of poor grounding in that area .

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
There should be a connector behind the glove box that has only a black and a red wire. This is the ground and hot for the a/c and other things. If a blower motor is used while drawing excess current[starting to go bad] it will melt the connector inside. It's a way too light connector for the amp load. I did away with it and butte spliced the wires together.

·
She Don't Smoke!
4,690 Posts
There should be a connector behind the glove box that has only a black and a red wire. This is the ground and hot for the a/c and other things. If a blower motor is used while drawing excess current[starting to go bad] it will melt the connector inside. It's a way too light connector for the amp load. I did away with it and butte spliced the wires together.
I did that after I replaced my blower motor as well lol :D.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...

I will look for that red/black connector.

And I am cleaning lots of grounds these days!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts