Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the truck in the spring so I never had to use the block heater until now.
According the past owner it was never used as the tie strap was still on it.
I got a timer for it and used it for 1 week then it fried the timer and tripped the 20amp circuit it was on.
After checking it out I found the heater no longer works so I assume thats what caused my problems with the breaker and the timer.

I'm going to replace the heater but i see it's in the middle freeze out plug hole on the drivers side of the block above the front diff. Kind of a pita to access.
I'm thinking of installing the new one on the passenger side where I only have to remove the starter for access.
Anybody else run into this and due what I'm about to do?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I would pull the cord off and ohm the cord and the heater. From not bein' used it could've got marked up and is shortin' out. I've seen them get caught in the steerin' shaft and get wrecked or simply rubbed thru.

·
Banned
9,366 Posts
I agree completely with Teroma... I've seen far more bad cords than bad heaters.

As for mounting on the passenger side, that's where I put my second one, so I can't see any problem with putting your replacement there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts