Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 D/A this summer with the snowplow prep package, kind of a waste as I will not be outfitting with a plow but oh well.

I live in Northern Illinois and am wondering whether this combo should include a block heater and if so where the cord would be located. I often travel to either Northern Wisconsin or the UP to do some snowmobiling so knowing where this thing is could be useful. I also plan on making a trip with my truck up to my frigid hometown of Thief River Falls, MN this winter and may definitely need it up there.

Thanks everybody and you are all very helpful. Hopefully I can help out soon.

Curtis

·
Registered
227 Posts
All Duramax engines have the block heater, regardless of the snow plow prep package or not. The cord for it is all tied up in the lower right front corner of the engine compartment. It's easiest to access going through the wheel opening from what I've heard (mine is still tied in place).

·
Registered
444 Posts
As larsonem stated it's on the right front. Mine is tied right on the top of frame, right behind the wheel. It's really hard to see. It took me a while before I spotted it.

Has anybody routed it to the front and installed some kind of plug arrangement? I am thinking of doing that and looking for ideas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everybody for the help. Found it tonight after really looking for it. It is taped up and hidden pretty well.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Curtis

·
Registered
845 Posts
Their was just a thread on this. I cut the electrical tape holding back the wire from coming through the splitloom wire covering. I pulled it through the split loom to the nearest I guess wire loom holder closest to the front grille. Then I wired it around tranny cooler lines and hid it underneath the blinker lights and bumper. I just reach in and pull it out. Hidden till I need it

I started up my 02 in 0 degree weather last year for shizzits and jiggles. Barked for 7 seconds and purred like a kitty after... Aint like the 6.2s or 6.5s that sound like someone dropped a handful of washers into the combustion chamber.

Bill

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi all

New to the site, and this passed Sat. picked up our '04 2500hd D/A CC SB. As for the block heater, I cut the zip ties and re zip tied it so it hung out the wheel well. There is a hole in the center of the well so I zipped tied the plug and cover to the hole. It's high enough and out of the way enough, but still easy to get to.

This site is awesome,it's my first diesel, and reading this forum has taught me a lot. Thanks all. Ed

Edited by: hog1340

1 - 6 of 6 Posts