Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I did excatly what Eric suggested a few weeks ago when i pulled my cord out, simply pull it out of the loom tie wrap the loom back together and run the cord where you want. I ran mine along where the tranny cooler line go to the front of the truck and up behind the grill i ended up sip tieing the plug to the grill near the top. might want to add loom to it where it passes sharp metal edges, i just ran electrrical tape over it wherever it looked like it may rub. This block heater kicks some a$$!! I used it last night since i got my attitude that shows engine temp, yesterday my attitude showed 48 degs at first startup and the mirror showed 48 degrees, this morning i plugged the block heater in for 3 hours, it was 38-40 degrees outside turned the key the glow plugs lit for about a second tops fired the truck and it read a whopping 117deg on the attitude!!! I bet if it was plugged in all night it would be close to 160degs. 3 hourse seems to be plenty of time in 30-40 deg weather truck warms up much faster.

·
Registered
369 Posts
it runs all the time its plugged in, it uses juice thats for sure 1000 watt supposedly, thats why mine is on a timer. its either plug it in or let it idle forever to warm up in the morning, your choice. I would rather let it start warm, run 30 sec and leave the house and have heat in a resonable time

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeah hoot is right, mines like that currently, points straight out the front of the truck and i wrapped the cord from the outlet in the house around my air compressor and tied a knot in it so it stays with the house incase i forget about it and it will just "auto" unplug from the truck instead of dragging under the truck down the road.

·
Registered
369 Posts
chuntag95 said:
I made mine longer like Eric and got a timer and a BRIGHT Yellow cord that I trip over going to the truck. Crude, but effective.

Little off topic..... Whats a guy from Texas need to plug in for
????? Thought it stayed warm down there!!!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well i tested my block heater yesterday, 38-40 outside, it was on for 2.5-3 hours, attitude said motor was 117degree at fire up. Today i did not plug it in to see how long it takes to warm up to 117 deg. it was again 38-40 deg outside again, fired the truck, motor was 48 degrees, it ran 12 minutes at idle and only got up to 111 degrees, got sick of waiting for it took about another 1-2 miles to get up to 117 degrees. Think I'm sold on using electricity instead of waiting for it to idle and warm up. I'm sure with a high idle switch (soon to come) that it would warm up twice as fast but i have no idea how much fuel it uses????

Now if i only had a way to plug it in at work when it cold!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.