Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What cords are you using to relocate your block heater's plug to the bumper, and where can I find them? Someone on here once mentioned the use of some boating electical cord that had a trap door plug protector like out trail plug in our rear bumpers. As always, all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
923 Posts
No cord needed, just cut the wraps and pull the cord out enough to reach the bumper. Make sure you tie the cord off when your done so it won't catch the tire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Depending on how involved you want to get. . . I relocated my plug to the drivers side b/w the cab and the bed.

I used some angle aluminum and was able to mount this to my nerf bars frame and did not have to drill any holes. I made an extension cord and ran it in/along the frame all the way. I used cable ties in areas that I could not run the cord in the frame. I have a few pics in my garage of the plug itself, I can take a few more and post of the other areas if you are interested. A friend of mine has a bus sales and I got the plug and housing off of a junk school bus. You should be able to find something similar at a truck parts store.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i brought mine up to the grill and just stick my fingers in the grill and pull the plug out and put it back in dont even know its there.the only thing i did not factor in is if i do decide to put the winter front on:(

·
Registered
543 Posts
I did mine like the05HD...

The part I used is:

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/MAR/MAR150BBI.html

your internal cord is long enough, you just have to pull what you need out of the loom.

Clean install. Just drill the appropriate hole in the lower air dam piece and your good to go!!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Block Heater Plug Install

SLT223;1577138; said:
What cords are you using to relocate your block heater's plug to the bumper, and where can I find them? Someone on here once mentioned the use of some boating electical cord that had a trap door plug protector like out trail plug in our rear bumpers. As always, all help is greatly appreciated.
TRY THIS LINK ..........

IT WAS MY ORIGINAL INSTALL

AARON :)

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53234

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Block Heater Plug Install

beermccoy;1580168; said:
and a good write up it is!!! :ro) thanks again!!
thanks for the pat on the back !!:thankyou2 sometimes its nice to here that from others !! :gr_grin: im glad some people got some ideas out of it :thumb: thanks aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts