Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 weeks ago I had my truck plugged in all night as the temps were down to single digits. (I have been plugging this truck in every night when the temps drop below 30 degrees since it was brand new) The next morning I went out to start the truck and the check engine light came on instantly.

I took the truck to the shop and they confirmed the SES light had been tripped. Here is what the shop did and the info they gave me.

"Found DTC P0181, performed diagnostic per DOC#1362396 and TSB 1822793. Found updated block heater cord and ordered part for customer."

There was a 3 week national back order on this part so I had to wait until yesterday to have it installed. The new cord SUCKS!:mad::mad::mad: It has a built in thermostat that will not heat the motor until the outside temp is (0) zero degrees or colder. I want my truck to be warm in the morning, I want my oil warm and flowing easily. I want heat coming out of the defrosters like it used to as soon as I started the truck with the old block heater cord. Warmer fluids on cold start ups mean less wear and tear on the motor!!! Why is GM using this new (stupid) thermostat controlled block heater cord??

I will be calling GM on Monday to see if I can get an "original style" cord put back in my truck. I am not a very happy camper right now!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I see you argument, but there is just no need for it to be plugged in untill it gets below 0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts