Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to verify my block type by its casting #. My truck is running fine, it's just for my own interest. I have a Haynes manual and it describes 2 locations on the block which they refer to as engine identification #'s, however the break-down of this # does not seem to provide any info on the casting # of the block. Could someone tell me where the casting # is located, and how many digits are in the number? From my reading it appears that these cast #'s are 3 digits, however are they found within a larger number? Also, can this # be observed with the engine in and all the parts in place, or will I have to remove something in order to see it. Sorry if this has been asked before, however I couldn't find it in a sticky or in my search under block casting number. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
In the center of the pump valley there's normally a three digit number in raised metal beads. At the rear of the driverside head where the head meets the block, there will be a longer number but it will end in the same three digits as the other number. Also there's the same number at the rear of the block just to the rt and above the rear main seal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts